September 1, 2018
Boat Storage Tips For Winter Storage
Winter storage is helpful for your spare car or boat, but do you know what needs done before storage? West Creek Self Storage is gathering West Creek NJ boat storage tips to make storing your boat easy this winter. When the cool weather sets in, your boat needs a new location for the winter. Where better to store it then our West Creek NJ storage facility. We have storage units capable of storing your summer clothes as well as your boat, RV, or vehicle.
Get started with boat storage tips to make your winter storing experience positive.
- A proper winter cover includes one that is durable against weather conditions and breathable so moisture is not trapped inside.
- Step one to getting your boat ready for storage is washing it. Salt water can dull paint and your boat will not have the luster you want.
- Loosen or remove drive belts. Cold temperatures can make a thin drive belt brittle.
- If your boat has a galley, take all the food out of the cabinets and fridge to keep the pests away.
- Open all your drains to prevent any damage from freezing water. After a thorough cleaning, allow a few days for the water to dry.
Preparing the boat for storage is simple and easy when you have a safe location to store it. West Creek Self Storage offers parking spaces for all your vehicles, boats, and RVs. With these West Creek NJ boat storage tips you can protect your summer vehicles, all year long. Stop in to talk with us and take a tour of our storage facility.
Looking for storage for your other belongings? We have large and small drive up units to suit your storing needs. Choose your unit online
or stop in our office to rent today.